Non-Executive Director and other roles
Invested to support Kodarit on their mission to get more young people interested and learning about software development.
Collaborating with the founder of a web3 / blockchain payment platform called Hashleap as a technical advisor.
I am a member of the Finnish Business Angel Networkfor access to some early-stage startup deal-flow and investments.
I am a Partner and Angel investor in Nordic Startup Ventures who run the Nordic Startup School incubator programs I am also mentoring in. It is my way of giving back to the startup community. I was the Lead mentor for a few startups and helped others in the program bootcamps.
I have acted in an advisory capacity to a number of different early-stage startups in recent years across UK, Germany and Finland. I love working with enthusiastic entrepreneurs and hopefully give them some benefit of my experience to steer away from some of the obvious pitfalls in an early startup’s life. To me this is a way to give back to the startup community as well. Some of the companies include:
- HashLeap from London, UK are building a web3 / blockchain payment platform.
- Push That Button from London, UK are building a mobile engagement and competitions platform.
- UView from London, UK built a social platform for helping upcoming artists with discoverability and engagement.
- Smart Mechanic from London, UK who tried to build a two-sided marketplace for ondemand mechanic services.
- Tracks from Berlin, Germany helped the logistics industry become more sustainable by data-driven and AI-backed decision making. Tracks was acquired by Transporeon in 2022.
- Eventopedia from London, UK built a two-sided marketplace for venue owners and managers and event organisers.
- Dstoq from Berlin, Germany enabled investing into securities with cryptocurrencies in emerging markets.
- D+ Supply Chain Protocol, Berlin aimed develop and open set of protocols on blockchains for supply chain companies to operate on jointly and share data.
- YoungWorks from London, UK built a recruitment platform for graduates and students.
I was a member of the advisory board for Blockchain and Climate Institute looking to further the use of decentralized and blockchain technologies in helping fight climate change by bringing more transparency and cost savings to big fragmented international multi-party projects.
Sanako is a Finnish technology solutions company for language teachers. I joined the advisory board to help them in their transition from an old hardware-based model where they deliver language studios to schools to a modern SaaS-based approach.
I spent two years in the board of a Finnish SME called Vaana in the health sector. Vaana provides a healthcare voucher platform to enable citizens to choose where they get healthcare services from between public and private offerings.
I was one of the founders of a non-profit organization for promoting open-source software in Finland. I served on the board for one year as well. We organized several popular conferences with volunteer efforts in Tampere with hundreds of participants: Tampere MeeGo Summit 2011, Devaamo Summit 2012 and 2013.
I was a mentor in the Unipoli mentoring program for international students looking to integrate into the Finnish workforce during and after their studies in Tampere
I’ve been a member of Agile Finland association for a long time, almost since I started applying Scrum as an Agile practice in 2008.
I was the chairman of the board of our 3-person software consultancy we ran alongside our main jobs for seven years.